Big Red XP
For advanced sawyers who need even more performance, the Big Red XP offers a larger engine and increased cutting capacity.
- Honda 20HP GX630 engine
- Heavy-Duty steel tubing frame 2X6 3/16 and 2 inches wider than Big Red
- Can saw logs up to 32 inches in diameter and 21 feet long
- Equipped with beam rollers to facilitate the movement of the lumber
- Electric saw head positioning
- User-friendly One-step-Go feature exclusive on every Vallee Portable Sawmills
Proudly made in Canada
The Big Red XP essentially has all the features of the regular Big Red plus a powerful 20 HP Honda engine and a wider frame for increased cutting capacity. The Big Red XP is ideal for prolonged and rigorous use with its ergonomic design, increased sawing capacity and frame rollers that will allow you to move logs and boards effortlessly. Capable of taking logs up to 30 inches in diameter, this Canadian-made mobile sawmill will allow you to produce your lumber in the easiest and most efficient way. The Big Red XP comes standard with a 24-foot long frame, and has two additional levelers and two log clamps to allow you to saw two logs in one pass.
The Big Red XP features electric height of cut adjustment, four levelers, four log clamps and a heavy-duty powder-coated or hot-dipped galvanized (in option) tubular steel frame, making it very durable. The Big Red XP is also equipped with a powerful Honda engine that allows it to do the job quickly and hassle-free.
Every Vallee portable sawmill is designed to be both efficient and easy to use. Our portable sawmills are incredibly easy to set up, transport and use. Our Vallee’s exclusive One-Step-Go technology allows to activate the engine, blade and lubricant as well as brake removal in a single motion. All of our Vallee portable sawmills are delivered pre-assembled and ready to use right out of the factory. They are designed to make the process of sawing logs into lumber a simple and easy task. The sawmill comes with everything you need to start sawing; all you have to do is add the wood!
- 20 HP Honda GX630 Premium
- Electric start with 18 amps/200Watts
- Gasoline, air cooled, 4 stroke, one cylinder, OHC
- 3 years Warranty by Honda
Maximum diameter of log 32 inches
- Maximum width of planks 23 inches
- 7/8 inch last board cut capability
- Blade of 162 x 1 1/4 APEX RF (3 blades included)
- Single, one piece solid front panel, for easy access blade maintenance
- Electric saw head positioning and auto-lock electric winch of 4000 lbs mounted on a drum shaft with double cables of aeronautical quality
- High grade double bearing blade-guide, Zinc design and adapted for heavy usage with a 18 inch wheel
- MXV-890 Drive Belt
- B56 Flywheel Belt
- Large 7 gallons (26 liters) removable lubrification tank
- Heavy-Duty frame construction, completely made of 2’’X2’’ solid welds
- Large colored graduated ruler, details from ¾ up to 4 Inches,
- Simple cam lock blade tensioning for fast and easy adjustment
- Hydraulic blade tensionner available in option - contact your dealer for more information
- Auto-blade lube system automatically turns on and off fluid flow during operation
- Automatic Blade-Brake system , maximize speed and the lifespan of your blades
- Automatic engine throttle and saw Blade engagement.
- 21 feet maximum board length, onto a 24 foot bed
- Extra solid steel Tubing frame 2X6 3/16, completely welded with crosspieces, no joints
- 8 conveyor rollers of 12 inches monted on bearing coated with zinc plating
- 4 Dog-Log, simple one hand cam-lock design
- 4 integrated toe board, allow to compensate the taper of a log without effort
- 5 adjustable levelling stands for solid support
- 4 adjustable jacks for maximum stability
- 3000 lb suspension axels, road tires and wheel fenders
- Drawbar with 2 inches trailer tongue, and 3500 lb security chain
- All integrated turn signals
- Illuminated license support
- Certified D.O.T. reflective stickers
One-step-Go feature exclusive to our sawmills
Engine, saw and lubricant activation as well as brake removal in a single motion.
Remick campbell –
Looks real good
Remick campbell –
Kevin MacIsaac –
If made in Canada, looks Like a great mill. also with the Honda motor.. Just wondering , approx shipping price to PEI? Also prices Thank You.
Dan Mainville –
Very nice unit with 21 foot log capacity makes it easy for16 foot logs plenty of deck space. Engine has great power all around a great unit for my first mill
Russ Romeyn –
Have the big red xp for a little over 1 year now. Great saw mill. No problems with it. Definitely worth the cost.
Jeff Dejax –
I bought the Big Red XP in May 2021, never having owned or used a mill before. However, YouTube videos are a great and easy learning tool. I’ve used the mill now for about 1500-2000 boars feet of cutting…. And I’m relatively impressed. The Honda is flawless. The mill frame is solid… although I did notice a tiny bit of “sag” in the middle and found it necessary to “eyeball” the length of the frame to ensure a flat travel plane.
I haven’t encountered any problems at all as of yet, other than the learning curve that would be normal. For instance… I’ve been surprised how quickly blades can become dull. I find that in cutting Douglas Fir as I’m doing, about two hours of cutting is all
I can count on. Otherwise, I’ll get wavy cuts.
The mill itself is very well-built, and the Honda delivers plenty of power. If you ensure it has a solid footing, and you change blades frequently, you will love this machine. If I could change one design issue, I would raise the log supports 2”-3” above the frame so that forms from a loader could set a log down. Otherwise, I am very happy with my purchase.
Dwain White –
I have used mine for a year now.I am very happy with it,a very good low tech design,good common available parts,frame is extremely strong.Honda motor starts good ,is not loud,and is fuel efficient.When you pick it up at the dealer it is fully assembled which saves a ton of time. I really like the blade height adjustments and other blade adjustments. A very good well designed and quality manufactured machine. If something happened to this saw and I had to get another one I would get the same one and not even look at other kinds.